Friday, December 28, 2012

Through the Bible 2012!

I'm almost done reading through the entire Bible in 1 year! I used this website. I love this site because you can choose from many different reading plans (I chose "ESV Study Bible"), and you can even save your highlighting & notes as you read! You also have the option to listen instead of read, which is what I did.

If you haven't read through the Bible in 1 yr, I would highly recommend you do it once. It really gives a different perspective, mainly in helping piece things together & get the whole theme & reason for the book. When you read things in such small pieces, it just doesn't flow as well. Books I never appreciated much before that I loved were I & II Samuel. It really reads like an exciting novel. I thoroughly enjoyed it. My least favorites were Jeremiah, Ezekiel, & of course, Lamentations- wow, depressing & tedious! 

I have been thinking about what I want to do this next year. I knew I wanted to go more in depth. I thought an actual study would be nice, but I couldn't find much for free. Then I decided to go back to esv.org and look around. I think I am going to do this one, "Daily Light on the Daily Path." It looks really good, and I think it will really help focus my prayers. I might journal through it as well. I'm excited! What will you be doing in 2013? Spending time in the word will be your most important resolution.

Here is another good site that gives several options & apps for Bible reading programs.

No comments: